Why I’m the sustainable marketer business owners trust to manage their marketing
Hi, I’m Jennifer
A Chartered Marketer dedicated to helping local businesses in the Highlands and across the North of Scotland bring their sustainability messages to life and engage with their target audience.
My passion is saving the planet, one business at a time.
- To bring sustainable thinking into all the marketing I do for clients
- To effect positive change and ensure their businesses are future-proof
- To help businesses by marketing effectively to their customers with maximum impact
I work with new and established businesses that may not have the time or internal resources to dedicate to their marketing and achieve their potential growth. Businesses that are ready to make a difference, are passionate about their products and services and want to share their stories with customers in an authentic and engaging way.
I’ve been working in marketing for over 21 years! I’ve worked in industries from food and drink, tourism and hospitality, to the automotive sector. Each one has brought more experiences on which to draw and bring to your business. I understand the challenges faced when running a business and provide flexible, tailor-made marketing solutions that work for you and your business.
I’m also a…
- Charterer Marketer (a rare breed of expert marketer)
- Women’s Enterprise Scotland Ambassador
- Highland Tourism Ambassador
- Highland Business Woman of the Year 2021 winner
- Proud mum
When I’m not working on “making the world a better place”, you’ll usually find me outdoors exploring the lochs and landscapes with my beautiful kids and our family dog Angus.
The 3 Commitments of a Sustainable Marketer:
What you can expect
- I commit to using my marketing skills as a force for good acting responsibly with full transparency and honesty when it comes to messaging, communication and creativity.
- I commit to continuous education around the climate crisis, ethical and sustainable marketing using these critical areas as a lens through which to operate.
- I commit to working across the business to support, address, and courageously call out and challenge any areas where more progress in these critical areas is needed and isn’t being addressed.
PART OF YOUR TEAM
Your External Marketing Department
I work seamlessly with businesses of all sizes, slotting in as your ‘in-house’ marketing manager providing the assurances, experience and skill-set needed to sustain your growth and maintain your customer-facing presence sustainably.
I offer a range of marketing services, tailored to suit your business needs. So while I take care of your marketing you can focus on your running your business and…
- Save money by not having to hire a full-time marketing employee
- Save hassle by not having to learn everything about marketing yourself
- Save time by having someone on your team solely focused on your marketing so you don’t have to.
- Get access to a wealth of marketing experience and knowledge
- Scale your marketing up or down depending on your needs
- Without worrying about training or managing an in-house marketer
The ethics I live and work by
What I’m working towards
To create marketing that positively impacts the local economy and promotes having a more sustainable lifestyle.
- To protect our planet
- To create for our communities
- To generate profits with purpose
By combining all 3 we can create a future for our businesses, our communities and our planet.
Some of my successes
- Re-branding successful food brands
- Achieved business growth through integrated marketing campaigns
- Planned and created content marketing to increase social media reach
- Increased ticket sales for events
- Designing award-winning packaging
- Writing award-winning entry forms for industry awards
- Marketing destinations and visitor attractions
- Implemented CRM best practices to keep in touch with existing customers and warm leads
- Worked with large and small marketing budgets from £4k to £1m to ensure that these budgets meet the needs of the business.
It’s why business owners across the Highlands and the North of Scotland trust me to deliver and manage their high-impact marketing every month, allowing them the freedom to focus on running their businesses.
DON’T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT
What Clients say about me
"Jennifer has been amazing..."
“Jennifer has been amazing supporting and running a marketing campaign for Scot Mountain Holidays. She has coordinated all aspects of the campaign from social media to PR and our consumer newsletter. The increased number of enquiries we have received as a result is significant.”
"Jennifer's support has been phenomenal."
“We’ve been working with Jennifer for nearly a year, during which time she’s produced a marketing strategy for Grantown-on Spey and has been project managing the delivery of a marketing contract to promote the town as a destination. For me, as a volunteer, Jennifer’s support has been phenomenal. She uses her own initiative, is happy to make decisions without me having to be involved at every stage and is managing sub-contractors well to ensure our contracts are delivered on time. I have no hesitation at all in recommending Jennifer and hope that I have the opportunity in the future to continue working with her.”
"Jennifer has increased the occupancy of the hotel..."
“Jennifer is an experienced marketer that has brought planning and creativity to the marketing for The Boat Country inn. I know that all our offers are promoted, and our guests have all the information they need prior to their stay. Jennifer has increased the occupancy of the hotel through the book direct marketing strategy that has brought us through the pandemic and out the other side stronger as a business. Jennifer works with the team to ensure that we have the right information in front of our guests.”
"I would highly recommend Jennifer and Strath Communications as an ideal Marketing Partner"
I first met Jennifer at a FSB Networking event and from Jennifer’s pitch, I knew that she would be able to help me and my business Will to Win.
After an initial meeting, Jennifer’s knowledge and expertise was evident and her passion for helping local businesses even more so, I decided straight away that Strath Communications was an ideal partner.
During the 7 months we have been working together, Jennifer really took the time to understand Will to Win as a brand, the objectives, how to position in the market place and really what was best for me! It is pure talent when someone is able to understand what marketing is right for your business and Jennifer adds that personal touch to give solutions that are right for you.
I am so grateful for Jennifer’s insight, her ability to take an idea and put into motion and action, her dedication to her craft and her desire to really grow your business. I would highly recommend Jennifer and Strath Communications as an ideal Marketing Partner to help your business on your journey of growth. Thank you, Jennifer!
"Jennifer has helped me breakdown my marketing content into a realistic and manageable marketing plan"
Initially I participated in Strath Communications ‘Friday Marketing Live’ events and found the sessions to be focused, informative and interactive, and I benefited greatly from host Jennifer’s expertise.
Feeling inspired, I booked a Marketing Discovery Call with Jennifer during which we concentrated on my businesses marketing priorities.
Jennifer was well prepared, having reviewed my social media platforms, and she provided me with insightful and constructive action points to improve my marketing planning and activity. Like many business owners, time is a critical factor and rather than feeling overwhelmed and lost about how to approach marketing,
Jennifer has helped me breakdown my marketing content into a realistic and manageable marketing plan which I can now confidently implement. Jennifer is fantastic and I will continue to employ Strath Communications services.’
"Jennifer is focused on providing maximum benefit with her marketing knowledge and expertise"
“I have found Jennifer a delight to work with. She is professional and passionate with a very positive can-do attitude. Jennifer is focused on providing maximum benefit with her marketing knowledge and expertise and it is clear that she is keen to help others achieve their goals and grow their marketing skills.
Her contribution and input to our current community project is invaluable. She delivers what she promises and has a very pro-active and creative approach to making things happen over and above marketing.
Delighted to have worked with Jennifer on a few projects and I have no hesitation in recommending her to others in need of marketing support.”
"all delivered with a great attitude and energy that engages the team."
“We would highly recommend Jennifer Macdonald-Nethercott, Chartered Marketer of Strath Communications for delivering and engaging marketing plans for your business interests.
Jennifer takes time to listen and understand what your business plans are, challenges back and all delivered with a great attitude and energy that engages the team.
Looking forward to working alongside Jennifer as we develop our plans.”